December 24, 2006

Statement of purpose

The goals of this blog are as follows:

  1. to assist in the ongoing social constructionist creation of the Singaporean blogosphere as a shared platform for civil and rational discourse,
  2. to advocate for specific causes the author of this blog believes in, over the long term,
  3. for the author of this blog to commit herself to engaging in heuristic learning with other people on matters of substance, so that we may all grow and mature as individuals and as a cohort,
  4. for Singapore society to eventually become more vibrant, more open and more democratic.

The author of this blog is not affiliated with any political party and does not wish such affiliation. She blogs as an empowered private citizen of this country and will continue in this capacity and only this capacity. Draw what inferences from that you will.

The author also likes chocolate, for your information.

4 comments:

Fearfully Opinionated said...

Hi Cognitive Dissonance,

Hope you don't mind my dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas?

Why the "goodness gracious" at my link? Was it something I should not have done? =(

Anyways, I think you're really intelligent and I enjoy reading the things you write. =). But I'm just a n00b myself, so don't give too much weight to my praise hor.

Happy Holidays,
F.O.

kwayteowman said...

Hi Cognitive Dissonance,

The KTM likes your statement of purpose. If you will send him a mailing address (where you can pick things up) at kwayteowman@gmail.com, he'd send you a box of chocolates. :-)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. :-P

cognitivedissonance said...

to the KTM: Hahahah! Merry Christmas to you too. The statement of purpose is to structure this blog, the line about the chocolate was to de-rigor mortis it. I was just joking. :) I am honoured by your visit.

to F.O.: No, not that, drop by all you want, or else I'd just be talking to myself =p . I wasn't expecting to be linked when I haven't written anything particularly well-researched, that's all. I enjoy reading your posts too, as you already know. =D


I'm looking to improve the quality of my entries, any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Cognitive Dissonance,

Suggestions on improving your blog? Hmmm, it's a bit premature for people to give comments at this stage 'cos you haven't written all that much.

In general, it is good policy to do your homework on the issues that you are writing about. Also, take time to think about how people may disagree with you. :-) Dun have to go a GP-style essay where you lay out both the pros and cons. This is blogging, not GP essay lah.

Thinking about how people may disagree with you helps you avoid writing stuff that's indefensible. Also helps when you subsequently have to respond to comments. This is especially important if you want to take a position that is contrary to the general public opinion. :-)